We are trying to discover what the precise corollary to the essential Spirit help in prayer is. Likewise tips us in that direction.as we read Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
To understand the issue we look for
1. Divine help
2. Necessary intervention
3. Human poverty
4. The divine assistance defined
- Spirit helps our weakness
- Is necessary
- Because we are ignorant of what to say
The previously mentioned patterns include:
- WHO WE ARE. Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
- COMMON INCOMPARABLE EXPERIENCES. Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in
- THE FUTILITY AND HOPE TWINS. Romans 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope
- GROANING SONSHIP. Romans 8:23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
- THE NECESSITY OF HAVING SOMETHING TO HOPE FOR. Romans 8:24-25 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.
Just as these opposite conditions are authentic in both their present and future screening, and not directed by the believer, so is the prayer life.
Walk in the Spirit: no condemnation is possible. We know that without a doubt people who walk in the Spirit will be the last to throw a book at you.