Ontario’s premier is banking for the votes of business and we should not underestimate the proportion of votes that accrue to a party going all out to opt out of Canada’s constitution, health system, and land and environmental sustainability vision. Every single initiative of the Conservative government had the smell of a drug deal, with a caring soundbyte out front and repeated often. Thanks to an alert and brave Canadian Mr. Ford’s brazen raiding of the federal purse is out in the open. His plot to unravel the fabric of Canada’s unique national consensus began with his conferences with the Atlantic premiers, ostensibly coordinating demands for health funding.
Thank you, Brave Canadian, Ms Cooper. For a necessary medical procedure, she ended up paying fees of nearly $1200. Believe it folks! There is a network of medical practitioners and their staff lining up to pick the pockets of Ontarians, all in the name of providing alternate locations for medical procedures to reduce wait times. Thanks to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, we have seen the tip of the iceberg. The urgency for sending land developers into the Greater Toronto Area’s Greenbelt is that there is a shortage of homes. The Federal government’s commitment to the right of workers to strike is just too much for a party pledged to stand with business entities. The Premier’s insincerity comes forth, like a leaky faucet, drip, drip, drip.
The Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi visits Taiwan amid concerns she is disturbing the People’s Republic of China’s peace. Courage is not lacking in the world’s avowed democracies and the PRC’s peace is going to be elusive as long as its brutal homicidal reign continues without remorse. We will see that the PRC’s threatened fire will not emerge. There’s no controlling the forces of democracy.
Futile aspirations to rule the world
When the Phillipines, Malaysia, the PRK and a host of African nations become self-governing provinces of the PRC we will have the fifth world ruling power.
Every student of world history knows that there are only four world ruling empires and the drama is told in two different ways: first as a statue of (1) gold, (2) silver, (3) bronze, and (4) iron mixed with clay in Daniel’s prophecy (chapter 2:37-43). The drama of the four empires also appears as four beasts, right down to parallel ten toes and ten horns.
Four great beasts came up from the sea, different from one another
- The first was like a lion and had the wings of an eagle. I kept looking until its wings were plucked, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a man; a human mind also was given to it.
- And behold, another beast, a second one, resembling a bear. And it was raised up on one side, and three ribs were in its mouth between its teeth; and thus they said to it, ‘Arise, devour much meat!’
- After this I kept looking, and behold, another one, like a leopard, which had on its back four wings of a bird; the beast also had four heads, and dominion was given to it.
- After this I kept looking in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrifying and extremely strong; and it had large iron teeth. It devoured and crushed and trampled down the remainder with its feet; and it was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns. (Daniel 7:3-7, NASB)
Russia, the PRC and all the other influential alliances are all johnnies-come-lately who have two things in common: a hatred of diversity and homicidal ruthlessness. Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome were all empires that included diverse nations, languages and peoples. China, Russia, and the Arab Emirates have little or no tolerance for human dignity. If they cannot turn people into mindless obedient robots they have no satisfaction with their power.
When God gave the nations into the hands of Nebuchadnezzar he also placed limits on the actions the king could take against those peoples. The United Nation may be stymied by communists , despots, and amoral religious extremists but justice is going to have her day apart from the tribal instincts that have dominated international relations for the last century. No amount of media manipulation can prevail, and the time has come for the beasts to act with a human heart. There comes an end to vetoes over just resolutions.
Limits on superpower a activity
20) He says, “You are My war-club, My weapon of war; And with you I shatter nations, And with you I destroy kingdoms. 21) With you I shatter the horse and his rider, And with you I shatter the chariot and its rider, 22) And with you I shatter man and woman, And with you I shatter old man and youth, And with you I shatter young man and virgin, 23) And with you I shatter the shepherd and his flock, And with you I shatter the farmer and his team, And with you I shatter governors and prefects. 24) But I will repay Babylon and all the inhabitants of Chaldea for all their evil that they have done in Zion before your eyes,” declares the Lord,” declares the Lord.” (Jeremiah 51:20-24, NASB)
They shall not cleave
The prediction of the last world ruling power specifies that they will not stay united, and it is clear that they (the Ten Horns, the original European kingdoms) did not with the defection of the United Kingdom.
“And in that you saw the iron mixed with common clay, they will combine with one another in the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, even as iron does not combine with pottery.” Daniel 2:43, NASB
The European Union is now a different beast, no longer seven heads and ten horns, and clearly joined in heart and hand, doing the right thing.
Should we be doing more than engage in the virtual and group speak and virtual and group think? Becoming a genuine contributor in today’s inclusive environment often means that all kinds of vile and reprehensible behaviours and concepts get a a rating of acceptable or legitimate. The surprise of pretenders and trick or treaters should be wearing off after the spectacle of failed democracies, entrenched and self-serving monarchies, and corrupt tribal alliances. The world today is a welcome gift compared to the medieval darkness of the western world or the feudal oppression of the eastern world.
Packaging the news is not a political ploy
The following is the summary of today’s news my inbox disclosed. It does not tell me why the items were chosen. The summary gives neither rating stars nor political spin, yet these two are the interests of many consumers of the daily news. The most dangerous takes are happening in circles where either religion or politics offers up ways to respond to the news. To those who thrive on trigger words and believe everything seen in a video the processing of the written word is a despised dinosaur.
- Two safety nets that helped many in the U.S. through the COVID-19 pandemic are about to end.
- The remnants of Hurricane Ida have forced many tenants to pack up and make new plans.
- In Afghanistan, the Taliban have seized control of Panjshir, the last holdout province.
- In West Africa, Guinea is now being led by a junta following a coup.
- In tennis, there are upsets galore at the U.S. Open in New York.
- And at the box office, the Marvel film “Shang-Chi” has set Labor Day records, giving hope to the movie industry still reeling from the pandemic.
Thanks to the many media houses like AP, who, first and foremost, provide their observations to the majority. Thanks too to those who provide analysis and probing questions about the meaning of the unfolding events. No thanks though to those who try to predict the future or insist that their speculations are food for sustainable living. Ultimately, people want good news, hope for their own lives and the lives of their neighbours, unless they are great nations who think they are so hated that they have no choice but be insular and selfish.
Across the planet upheavals and new horizons appear along with all the usual human delusions. Whether you live in the US, the Middle East, or Africa you may not realize that people are suffering right next door to you. The suffering of neighbours may not be an issue at all. We often read the news without a thought that we could be the subjects later today. We can fix that.
Who cares that people are losing the government safety nets that assisted them in coping with the covid–19 pandemic? What does it matter that another hurricane is reducing the lives of thousands to sheer misery, or that more than 50 lives have been lost? What does it matter that bogus rights activists are attacking healthcare workers, questioning the science of religion and the viral pandemic? Does it matter that another nation’s destiny appears to be delayed by a coup? Is it possible that we all do not want to see an end to the pandemic? Why do Americans seem to be accustomed to living with an annual season of African-sourced cyclones but cannot come to grips with the African peoples living in the nation, a people kidnapped, bought (and sold) and treated as animals? Our world today needs to become ours wherever we live, whatever or politics and religion. The next generation of young visionaries will not fail. Their energy will eclipse the vanity and pride of greedy corporations, eclipse the expanding bogus religious integrity, and eclipse the nationalism that seems to make most people think that they are righteous.