SINCE believers overcome by the blood of the Lamb (the Word, the Logos, Rev. 12:11, John 1:1, 2,14) and the sayings (logos) related to their testimony SHOULD we not say that the two combine to complete GOD’s businesss?
Christ is WAY without Creature Contributions
Why do we prefer the way of torment and condemnation, trying to plug a square peg into a round hole?
Hebrews 9:26 tells us that he was all alone in his atoning work as priest and sacrifice.
for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Or maybe we really do not subscribe to the idea that
1. Faith is the victory
2. Faith is the indispensable Godpleaser
3. Faith is grace’s channel for saving us
The joke about believers overcoming sin should end before God strips you down Luke he did the well-dressed Judea and showed private parts to the world.
Or maybe we really do subscribe to the idea
- That the gift of life is really a conditional loan
- That man is saved by law and grace
- That our kids, following us in observing holy times and bowing down to food and drink, need a Saviour
- the law is not a tool of condemnation and a prison from which only Christ can release humanity
God’s business results in victory without me having to contort myself into a White Anglo-Saxon cartoon with tons of Mosaic cosmetics and accessories, or a magician or a shaman authorized to undo God’s work. Let us look at Temple mount in Israel, America’s shameful religious and political slide to the rubbish heap and think: maybe a wakeup is coming our way.
Why would God’s business be something added to the Anointed and Only-Begotten?