Do you really want to cling to NEW BODIES ON CONVERSION?
- We certainly have been forgiven, or is forgiveness a loan?
- We most certainly are sons of God, or is that provisional until we comply with what the church says?
- We most certainly are not condemned by the Covenant in Christ’s Blood as contrasted with the moral law written in stony tablets?
- We are most certainly safe in the grace-faith that saves, just as having been plucked from the waves in which he was sinking, Peter was safe.
Do you really want to cling to GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER SO CHRIST CAN GIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT?
- Let us just say that when the leopard can change his spots he needs no Saviour
- God does not check ethnicity, culture, diet or compliance with Mosaic law.
- Faith alone in Christ alone sets people free
Only the bewitched and demon-inspired cling to prison, condemnation and fear.
- Prison, from which faith in Christ frees us. Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
- Condemnation, the stony record; 2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written engraved in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
- Fear of death and men; 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Alongside the cross, no buts or ands
No one gets power, love and a sound mind by any means beside faith in the crucified. If there is a “but” or an “and” on the must be saved highway that route is a detour and a shipwreck. No one gets out of the law’s prison by paying his debt. No one can embrace the law and not get burned. It is ridiculous to propose that the tabernacle stood until Christ came without a report of anyone – priest or commoner – asking for it to be put away permanently. Christ has the right to say “No more of your traditions, patriarchal, ritual, royal, or prophetic” and when we choose to take a pass on his voice, building our houses on things proven to be irrelevant and ineffective we can be sure that our priorities are not so certain truths.