The things of yesterday are gone. Each day has it’s own mercies and evil. No two days are the same. There is only one Jesus Christ so we have to do a better job of avoiding affirming yesterday, today, and forever as the same.
We have heard it. We have seen it. The desire to recapture yesterday has gone to ridiculous extremes. I mean deserving to be ridiculed not puzzling or bewildering.
- Singing and believing that what God has done for others he will do for you.
- Mixing up a fatal concoction from the menu of the kingdoms of Israel and Judah
- Making Solomonic wisdom (for government) a thing for saved people
- Finding a safe ID card in miracles, signs and wonders while handling the gospel with a 10ft pole
- Condemning people for falling short of the law when Christ offers pardon for every sin
- Labeling faith as dead when there is actually no life apart from faith
- Making law a lifegiving meal
Christ/God does not change but yesterday is not today, and neither the past nor the present are forever. Is not conflating past, present and eternity the same as denying the need for learning, growth and maturing once we have interfaced with the Eternal God?