- All day talk about God dnmoc
- Calling Jesus “Lord” dnmoc
- Calling Jesus “king” dnmoc.
- Joining a carefully chosen church dnmoc.
- Using Jesus’ name – to perform miracles, to exercise demons, and to do wonders – dnmoc.
- Pledging obedience dnmoc
We should not be surprised to find that many Christian communities are estranged from Christ. There are things that unequivocally disqualify followers, of which eminently are:
- More Moses than Jesus doctrine
- Secondhand witnesses (vs apostolic witnesses)
Sin – one hundred or one, committed – does not make a person of less or more value to God. In fact, the “one lost sheep” swamps the Shepherd’s attention!
Good works do not make a person of less or more value to God. There are no kudos for doing our duty.
And so with you–when you have done all that you have been told, still say ‘We are but useless servants; we have done no more than we ought to have done.'”Luke 17:10
All that we can add to “BELIEVE AND CONFESS the death and resurrection of Christ” is pollution and mutilation. Like the attempt to sneak circumcision into the Way, pronouncements about salvation over and above Believe and Confess are oppressive, deceptive, and damnable. We know that nothing saves but Lamb’s blood.