It is to you first that God, after raising His Servant from the grave, has sent Him to bless you, by causing every one of you to turn from your wickedness.”Acts 3:26
American King James shows this:
To you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.
- God sent Him after raising Him
- This is the gift of the Holy Spirit because the Son of God is on high in glory
- Blessing is perpetual, speaking of us the things Christ paid for
- The particulars of the blessing
- He keeps turning each recipient from his evils
Here is more evidence that the lives of believers need divine help – not merely instructions, promises or threats – daily. These evils are to be identified with the old man because the new life/man is a created entity equipped with true righteousness and holiness.
and to put on the new man, which, according to God (κατά θεον, is likely an adverbial clause = divinely), was created in righteousness and kindness of the truth.Eph. 4:24
God creates and we maintain his finished work by cooperating with the Spirit’s traffic direction away from the badness of the old lifestyle.