No one can claim that the truth comes out of them or through them “more than” anyone else. A popular figure has named his ministry “Leading the way” and it is obvious that apologetics never really saved anyone from unbelief and death, neither is “leading” to be taken as anything but an empty boast, a rebellious dare, or an incredibly thoughtless promo.
5) Others fell on the rocky places, where they did not have much soil; and immediately they sprang up, because they had no depth of soil. 6) But when the sun had risen, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
No preachers are appointed as mediators or judges ⚖
We do not kill people nor heal them of their sinful ways. We guard the flock without being prophet, accuser and judge.
Telling people about their sin is not gospel work. We know that there are no sinless preachers anywhere. They should all quit if they have any sense at all. Can it be that having no root in themselves they think the best thing they can did is to carry on a show that they have a sinless life. Anyone broadcasting that is far from knowing what it means to get in line behind Christ.
Just pushing “accept Jesus as Lord” is not preaching the gospel
- CHRISTIAN perfection is not in our flawless sayings
- CHRISTIAN perfection is not in the good deeds we rack up
- CHRISTIAN perfection is the merciful and generosity of the HEAVENLY FATHER expressed through us
Jesus will never give success to any movement to make him the pattern for any earthly government. This, we cannot deny, has been the aim of American christianity. The so-called worldviews held by many believers are more “worldly” than we could have guessed. Many apologists realize that by trotting out concerns about morality, cute logical constructs, and beating people with the “whole Bible” they can score points with a given audience.
Rush to teach!⚠️James 3:1-2
1. Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment. 2. For we all stumble in many ways. If anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body as well.
Did Jesus really mean we should pray for forgiveness and be ready to offer it every day?
“Loving the sinner” is a convenient cover story for hypocrites, who we know love money more than believing what God’s Son said and did. None of us have any familiarity with what loving all sinners really means for our Boss, and that mystery of godliness should guide us to the proper treatment of offenders. We cannot claim to be asking God to make today the day for anyone. He decides. Our job is to tell people the prison doors are open and let the Holy Spirit do his work. More grace to you if you have a miraculous gift too.
The greatest sound that follows gospel preaching are the words “What must I do to be saved?” Muddy waters do not bring people to this question.