One often hears a great story about salvation in the history of Israel and the proposed global salvation, but it is rare to be able to sink one’s teeth into the juicy fruit of a salvation that was kicking around long before the human race and its ha itat came into being. Finding something to say about the end of salvation story may seem easy, due in part to the prophecies that are available to us, but the road without its original genius leads straight into the ditch of infamy.
Matthew 15:11-14, The Blindnesss Exposed by Messianic Teaching about DefilementMatthew 15:11-14 (NASB)
11. It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man.” 12. Then the disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this statement?” 13. But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father did not plant shall be uprooted. 14. Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind. And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”
There is no need to recycle
- Eve and Adam’s mistake
- The promise of the conquering Seed
- Man’s expulsion from his original home
- The exclusion from immortality
- God’s election of Abraham
- The exodus of the sons of Israel (BY, for bnê yisrael) from Egypt
- The entry of the BY into Canaan
- The choice of David as progenitor of Messiah
There is no reason to look for another Moses because Moses himself turns the keys of understanding of teaching over to Messiah. There is not another Israel not another Exodus not another selection of the line through which Messiah should come. The buck has to stop with the One Saviour, the One King, the One Priest appointed by God. Salvation is not a return to Edenic conditions. Salvation was always a part of who God is. One puts the law and Israelite history in first place at the risk of shutting out the precious (the most precious!) promises.
People are eager to dismiss the evidence about the completeness and finality that show up in God’s dealings with Abraham, the Hebrew patriarchs, the Hebrew prophets (essentially God’s messengers from anywhere) and the covenants. It is not revisable history and there is no attempt by God to have a remix of grace and election. The choices will always be the same if the biblical framework remains as the reliable source. Is it time for people to move beyond their ancestry and mediating systems? There was such a time and it came with an announcement that time had run out. People seem addicted to rising to the top without acknowledging the bottom.
Ephesians 4:9-10, CHRIST’S ABSOLUTE LORDSHIP
9. (Now this expression, “He ascended,” what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10. He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.)