One does not have to look far to see design samples of madness and divided loyalties. It is not possible that a divided house persists. It is normal in the church, in politics, and in our families for our inconsistencies to get called out. Opposite views of loyalty land us in rubberneck territory. Today it is ok to coerce people to but never will it be ok to threaten people if they do not believe in your God, believe there is no God, or smile at how stupid some wise people actually are. Let is not be said that religious extremists are crazy. That is too kind a label, because crazy also defines good and exciting things. What most people cannot stand is the kind of unreliability that flips between unreliability without any signs of growth
The rubbernecks of our times are not much different from the tested people of antiquity or the people who engineered the modern world. Have you surveyed the 14th century BC experience as recorded in the Bible? Here is an overview of the experience.
Domination by the enemy
- So the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he gave them over to plunderers, who plundered them. And he sold them into the hand of their surrounding enemies, so that they could no longer withstand their enemies. Judges 2:14
- Therefore the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he sold them into the hand of Cushan-rishathaim king of Mesopotamia. And the people of Israel served Cushan-rishathaim eight years. Judges 3:8
- And the LORD sold them into the hand of Jabin king of Canaan, who reigned in Hazor. The commander of his army was Sisera, who lived in Harosheth-hagoyim. Judges 4:2
- So the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he sold them into the hand of the Philistines and into the hand of the Ammonites, Judges 10:7
Rescue by the Lord
- Then the LORD raised up judges, who saved them out of the hand of those who plundered them. Judges 2:16
- Whenever the LORD raised up judges for them, the LORD was with the judge, and he saved them from the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge. For the LORD was moved to pity by their groaning because of those who afflicted and oppressed them. Judges 2:18
- But when the people of Israel cried out to the LORD, the LORD raised up a deliverer for the people of Israel, who saved them, Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb’s younger brother. Judges 3:9
- Then the people of Israel cried out to the LORD, and the LORD raised up for them a deliverer, Ehud, the son of Gera, the Benjaminite, a left-handed man. The people of Israel sent tribute by him to Eglon the king of Moab. Judges 3:15
The damage from mental instability
People are not stumbling into pits and ditches. Someone is tripping them up, feeding them the same junk that has kept generations in the dark, and set communities biting and devouring one another. Look no further than the capital of your own country to see the crude attempt to legitimize a system of governance where election rules establish an official opposition. Look no further than a local house of worship. Not one can deny the phenomena of global deception and the role of religion in calming revolutionary zeal and in intentionally insulating the people from the society in which they live and work. Look no further than Jerusalem for a picture of schizophrenia. It used to be Yahweh or one of the Baals, today it is quite clear that Jerusalem’s gods are the Baals plus the idols of democracy, a hypocrisy-laced attempt to convince the world that a pluralistic society exists in the Levant. Then we wonder why people become disillusioned, apathetic, violent, suicidal, and homicidal.
We have never seen a pastor authorizing an execution of a offending church member, have we? Why is that not a thing when governments and religions all over the planet authorize events that put people to death or at least ostracize and shun the offender. Christ said that his Father, the God of the Hebrew patriarchs, has an interest in bringing people from the dead, in saving lives, and in doing these things without regard to ethnicity, social status, gender or sex.
The healing of fractured realities
Schizophrenia best describes the wisdom that tries to sell a Judaeo-Christian package of morality and civic governance. No-one of sound mind believes that justice in the modern world (bearing in mind that personal morality – corporate entities have no moral foundation or seed-bed – and justice have long been divorced) can be achieved following the Law of Moses or the . Christians do not create tribal ghettos because we are designed to do the opposite. We do not hold our noses at people who are different or even weird. We do not issue fatwas and hold public or private executions. Our children are free to engage or not in matters of faith. Our faith is not a political manifesto.
A devastating awakening will come when, after comparing religions, we can see what is respectful of others, how far love goes, and how messengers of God are not God, but men like the rest of us. This generation treats parents and family with contempt and professes undying and intense loyalty to complete strangers like religious leaders, politicians, and the armed public servants. A follower of the Word of God who has trouble reading is more likely to be a member of Satan’s mafia. The schizophrenic wants to to hitch a ride on the leadership train when he quite literally never had a ticket to board as a follower.