Did God not foresee that the creation of humans would go wrong quickly? Creation was the beginning. Salvation is the essential need in human life and the core of divine majesty because its guarantee is God’s own death.
Trouble and uncertainty end with messianic intervention 2000 years ago
- Not with the image of God in Adam and Eve
- Not with the clothing of animal skin
- Not with expulsion from Eden
- Not with call of Abram
- Not with Sinai covenant
- Not the wilderness journey
It is a loud noise about yesterday that identifies the loveless chants of people who have not been impressed by the eternal inheritance that is available in Christ. Until Christ came no-one had seen God, and therefore his loving interest in humanity did not appear. Does Scripture ever say there is a greater virtue than love? No! Does God’s love get highlighted in the creation of man? No! Does God call people into an intimate relationship with him in the creation narrative? No! We consequently know that it is a fool’s gold medal that people are pursuing when they give you Messianic benefits based on the creation story.
Restoration needs to be bound to the Restorer
11) For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12) instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, 13) looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14) who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.Titus 2:11-14
We see that grace is not for turning people into compliant little children. That, all by itself, does major damage to the plan that is unveiled in Scripture. Grace brings salvation, Grace enables denials (a consistent “no” to the world’s recommendations), a sensible, righteous and godly lifestyle.
A convincing love touches what we have seen
If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.1 John 4:20
Let us remember how the Gentiles were strangers – not because of a resident or insider bad attitude or behavior – because the covenant under scrutiny in most of of the biblical narratives divine was a Jewish concern. We can find no point in anyone attempting to embrace a defunct (due to consistent violation) covenant and we can conclude that it is absurd beyond any doubt when Gentiles embrace it and try to impose it on Gentiles as some kind of moral standard. Are people to believe that in addition to the Hebrew people Gentiles are invited to be above all others? Let’s not try creating a narrative about God giving the Sinai Covenant (or some version of it) to all of earth’s nations. There is no question that the offer of a special relationship and superior rank is a Jewish matter.
High above all nations
18) The Lord has today declared you to be His people, a treasured possession, as He promised you, and that you should keep all His commandments; 19) and that He will set you high above all nations which He has made, for praise, fame, and honor; and that you shall be a consecrated people to the Lord your God, as He has spoken.”Deuteronomy 26:18-19
As real as the animal skin clothing in Eden (Genesis 3:21) was the forgiveness of Adam’s sin was not followed the gift of the Holy Spirit and no grave to be opened in fact or in recognition of the gift of life from the dead.
Getting back in is not a return to Eden’s trial and error
Sins forgiven but the sinner shut out.
23) therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken. 24) So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.Genesis 3:23-24