- My Story. Doctrine must relate to the one person who says “They are my testimony” (John 5:39)
- My Courage to Change. Reproof establishes that having God’s word without believing it is not profitable. (John 5:46)
- Confess the vanity of the past. Correction is a benefit for people willing to say we have been wrong
- One brand and one source item. Righteousness is the full shield and armour against death, law, and sin
- Beneficiary. God’s man only can be perfectsd: the devil’s guy can drop his charade about reading and studying
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.2 Timothy 3:16-17
For the man of God to be fully equipped with good works
It is knowledge of the writings that brings us to the encounter with the One whose story is being told. Knowing him is not acquiring a ton of data but establishing the lover’s link. Asking ourselves if good works are pouring out of us will be a good test to see if the Scriptures are working.