Thus says God!
My word (my message and my will) is now incarnate and remains uncreated.
It is pure self-deception to think that we have found the God of Salvation because we searched diligently. Moses told his people that neither climbing up into high things nor diving into the depths will bring about the produce of faithfulness. (Deuteronomy 30:11-14). Events in history or predictions are easy to find by searching, but salvation and holiness are not.
Still people keep alive the illusion that law is going to be the solution for the human problem, chiefly those depending on simple, easy, cheap, and quick solutions. We can see how important to GOD it was that the solution be neither simple, easy, cheap, nor quick because of the following.
- The time it took from creation to unveil
- Seating the solution in his own person
- The impossibility of humanity having a guiding hand or genius in designing or defining the discovery
Disguising the deposit
In that light we see how childish and foolish our leaders have been for looking for the same things as the people of old. We cannot provide a single reason for thinking concretely of creation, life, death, promise and happiness with the same slideshow as the ancients did. Palestine cannot possibly hold the saved of all ages, so the eternal home is necessarily larger. None of the nations can be expected to take the law seriously about building a sacred tent and having a place for annual festivals and daily offerings.
The idea that the Bible has a word for every situation runs into considerable trouble. One can seek for God with all one’s heart and be certainly not rewarded with what they are looking for, as the saying from the Gospels (John 7:32-34) reveals.
Some will seek and not findJohn 7:32-34
32) The Pharisees heard the crowd muttering these things about Him, and the chief priests and the Pharisees sent officers to seize Him. 33) Therefore Jesus said, “For a little while longer I am with you, then I go to Him who sent Me. 34) You will seek Me, and will not find Me; and where I am, you cannot come.”
The foolish son will also be disappointedProverbs 1:28
“Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently but they will not find me,
Noah was not looking for grace and neither was any of the millions whom the the Father has saved. There is no credit for recognizing God’s grace and if you think that you do get credit for finding grace that would explain why so many are faking obedience instead of doing God’s work of believing on His Son.
There’s no life in the law
All of the discoveries that are connected to the tabernacle (the ark, the priesthood, and the service routines) wind up delivering false hopes.
Looking for death after rejecting lifeRevelation of John 9:6
And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them.
Blind if God does not unveil
Isaiah 65:1-2Isaiah 65:1-2
1) “I permitted Myself to be sought by those who did not ask for Me; I permitted Myself to be found by those who did not seek Me. I said, ‘Here am I, here am I,’ To a nation which did not call on My name. 2) “I have spread out My hands all day long to a rebellious people, Who walk in the way which is not good, following their own thoughts,
I know that there are hundreds of “thus say Yahweh” sayings in the writings of people who do not know Him and there are hundreds of commands from Christ and his disciples which stand when all the others crash and burn. The one about women’s inheritance rights should suffice to show how little we appreciate God’s revelation of himself.