Your elbow and your rear end seldom have regular contact. They can only be in the same place with, I think, extreme difficulty. Mistaking an elbow for a rear end brings into view the depths to which modern discourse has sunk. There is no fine human being with racist tendencies. There is no law that gives life. There is no identification of a Supreme Creator without a steady stream of praise for his saving graces.
Saving grace and the masked saviour
Let us separate the Creator from the rest. The prayers (Psalms) and the instructions to the Jewish people are witnesses that the Creator has been busy maintaining and repairing his work.
The slightly disguised saviour keeps his work alive. He is described as majestic and doing wonders. This is salvation – wholeness and restoration – in God’s work before the Word becane flesh. Here is Psalm 104 and a panorama of the Creator’s maintenance works, including providing home space.
- (10) He sends forth springs in the valleys; They flow between the mountains; 11) They give drink to every beast of the field; The wild donkeys quench their thirst.
- (12) Beside them the birds of the heavens dwell; They lift up their voices among the branches. 13) He waters the mountains from His upper chambers; The earth is satisfied with the fruit of His works.
- (14) He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, And vegetation for the labor of man, So that he may bring forth food from the earth,
- (15) And wine which makes man’s heart glad, So that he may make his face glisten with oil, And food which sustains man’s heart. (16) The trees of the Lord drink their fill, The cedars of Lebanon which He planted,
- (17) Where the birds build their nests, And the stork, whose home is the fir trees. (18) The high mountains are for the wild goats; The cliffs are a refuge for the shephanim.
Four layers of Lamb adoration from all creaturesRevelation of John 5:13
And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, “To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”
The person responsible for creating the universe also holds it together according to Colossians 1:16.
For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities–all things have been created through Him and for Him.
Colossians 1:17 continues to testify to Christ’s eminence.
He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
People confusing elbow with rear end is the result of mutation, deformation and a brutal approach to knowledge. Fine human beings are going to have God’s attributes: mercy, generosity, justice, and the absence of deceit and homicidal desires. Saving the best for last in word or deed works only when the last is the indisputable best. Securing that achievement calls for associating the message or action with the one and only Saviour who is also the one and only Creator.