- My Story. Doctrine must relate to the one person who says “They are my testimony” (John 5:39)
- My Courage to Change. Reproof establishes that having God’s word without believing it is not profitable. (John 5:46)
- Confess the vanity of the past. Correction is a benefit for people willing to say we have been wrong
- One brand and one source item. Righteousness is the full shield and armour against death, law, and sin
- Beneficiary. God’s man only can be perfectsd: the devil’s guy can drop his charade about reading and studying
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
For the man of God to be fully equipped with good works
It is knowledge of the writings that brings us to the encounter with the One whose story is being told. Knowing him is not acquiring a ton of data but establishing the lover’s link. Asking ourselves if good works are pouring out of us will be a good test to see if the Scriptures are working.
How does one “claim salvation”? Is God a “One strike you’re out” kind of judge? If it is true that he said “I will never leave you or forsake you” why does any adversity make us act as if love has gone away?
There are more than a few things people like to say without thinking about the ramifications. Sloganeering has dulled the minds of a great deal of the people in church these days. For those who have not committed to following the Saviour the cheap sayings of old dominate like a crown of gold on a pig’s head. This is where sloganeers live. The worst examples are those who are never heard acknowledging the exaltation of Yeshua and the salvation that only comes from him.
- Praise and worship the creator
- Improve the lives of …
- Money answers to everything
- Nothing comes easily
- Change will come to society with medical health and financial planning
- God is good all the time
- Praises go up blessings come down
“Christ died for sinners and I am one” means more then all the commandments, miracles and social observations.
No man has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and his love is perfected in us. 1 John 4:12
A mature love in the believer – not in the works but delivered
A mature love in the believer is not in the works but is delivered from the start and endures. Let us not be distracted by badges subject to human measurement.
Do you have a Moses in your community or country? Of course not. Neither do I. We can stop pretending to be Israel because there is only one Israel and one Moses. Law and obedience did not work, and thousands of years of claims of being “in covenant” are false.
A brutal interpretation of the questions on John 7:19-23 might look like this.
- Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keeps the law? No. He did not.
- Why go all of you about to kill me? Assassins – murderers- are behind every mask of obedience. How did you know, Sir,
- The people answered and said, You have a devil: who goes about to kill you? Wait two years and you will see yourself screaming for my life, with the high priest affirming the need for someone to die to save the nation from Roman government action.
Who is the accuser/ prosecutor
Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuses you, even Moses, in whom all of you trust. For had all of you believed Moses, all of you would have believed me; for he wrote of me. But if all of you believe not his writings, how shall all of you believe my words?
Moses the servant dissed for tradition
People whose lives are defined by law and regulations are sure to be tainted with accusations and condemnation. One cannot have fire in one’s bosom and not get burned. So in an attempt to bring their accusation to the proper context Jesus answered and said unto them:
- I have done one work, and all of you all marvel.
- Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and all of you on the sabbath day circumcise a man.
- If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are all of you angry at me, because I have made a man everything whole on the sabbath day?
The disease that allows people to dress up everything like ancient Israel is virulent and more pervasive than we imagine. It sets in only when the claims of the gospel are rejected. Which court do we know stands ready to permanently dismiss every case if the accused confess?
God knows the answer and you who teach others to stop doing whatever the law says we should never do should either say what God says or do what the law requires. Plead guilty.
“Guilty as charged” suffices
Now we know that what things whatsoever the law says, it says to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Romans 3:19
When people get up in church to read, sing, pray, make announcements, or pronounce a benediction try to transform their task into praise leading I wonder how many hallelujahs did they utter in the previous hour or two. I wish they would just get on with their duty.
Is hallelujah in church becoming a convenient fig leaf for a low level praise life? I think so. Church language is often very different from the language of daily life.